Based in Leuven, Belgium
Press / Business Contact:
Game developer and composer from USA developing stylistically diverse games
Before developing games, Zeke wrote and directed operas, including “How To Look at the Ocean (Now I am a Flower)” and “Bottles, Nails, and Tambourines.” In addition to his work in opera, Zeke has composed electronic music and pieces for chamber ensembles and symphony orchestras. His orchestral suite, “Who Knows What You Are, Anyway?” was performed in May 2009 by the American Symphony Orchestra as part of Bard’s senior student composers series.After that
In May 2014, Zeke graduated from the New York University Game Center with an MFA in Game Design. At NYU, he studied under great designers and thinkers like Frank Lantz, Eric Zimmerman, and Bennett Foddy and designed games from the ground up in a number of roles. His first commercial title, “Soft Body,” will be available for the Playstation 4, Playstation Vita, and Steam in 2016. Soft Body has garnered awards and accolades from numerous festivals, including two Honorable Mentions at the 2016 Independent Games Festival ("Best Design," "Seamus McNally Grand Prize") and "Best Art" at the inaugural Belgian Game Awards.
Soft Body - gameplay demo YouTube
Fadar - musical creature demo YouTube
There are far more images available for Zeke Virant, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Honorable Mention: Best Design, Independent Games Festival" - San Francisco, CA, March 2016
- "Honorable Mention: Seamus McNally Grand Prize, Independent Games Festival" - San Francisco, CA, March 2016
- "Nominee: Gamer's Voice Award, SXSW" - Austin, TX, March 2016
- "Best Art, Belgian Game Awards" - Antwerp, Belgium, February 2016
- "Nominee: Best PC/Console Game, Belgian Game Awards" - Antwerp, Belgium, February 2016
- "Nominee: Innovation Award, Belgian Game Awards" - Antwerp, Belgium, February 2016
- "Finalist, Whippering Indie Cup" - San Francisco, CA, December 2015
- "Best Sound, hóPLAY" - Bilbao, Spain, November 2014
- "Nominee for Best Original Idea, hóPLAY" - Bilbao, Spain, November 2014
- "1st Prize, The Big Indie Pitch" - Bilbao, Spain, November 2014
- "Finalist for Grand Jury Prize, European Indie Game Days" - Montreuil, France, November 2014
- "Official Selection, Gamercamp 2014" - Toronto, Canada, October 2014
- "Student Competition: "Diamond in the Rough", Ludicious - Zurich Game Festival" - Zürich, Switzerland, September 2014
- "Official Selection, Out of Index Festival" - Seoul, South Korea, July 2014
- "Excellence in Puzzle Innovation, GameFest 2014" - Troy, NY, April 2014
- "Though there is a dragon and a queen to fall in love with, the performance does something new and wonderful by representing its dream world in the stark unreality of experimental theatre rather than the traditional sparkling Narnia."
- Paul Cox, Bushwick BK
My personal website http://zekevirant.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Stephen Lawrence Clark
Occasional Design Collaborator